Wawel coffee service for 6 people
Wawel black and white coffee service for 6 people
Hand-painted Wawel porcelain, signed on the bottom (“Wawel / MADE IN POLAND / Hand-painted 190”). The 1960s.
Complete service for 6 people, consisting of 21 elements:
– 6 cups: circumference 9.6 cm, height 5 cm;
– 6 saucers: diameter 14.7 cm;
– 6 dessert plates: 19.2 cm in diameter
– sugar bowl with a lid: length (with handles): 16.2 cm, diameter 12 cm, height 8 cm;
– jug with a lid: length 25 cm, height 18.5 cm;
– creamer / milk jug: length 15.5 cm, height 7.2 cm.
The history of porcelain in the Wałbrzych region dates back to the beginning of the 19th century. In 1831 Carl Krister founded his porcelain factory, which quickly became one of the largest – and most respected – porcelain producers in the world. In 1921, the company merged with the Bavarian factory of Ph Rosenthal and changed its name to Krister Porzellan Manufaktur AG. In 1945, the factory was nationalized and its name was initially changed to “Krister” and later to “Krzysztof”. From 1953, the factory used the “W – Wawel” trademark. The Krzysztof porcelain factory is known and appreciated all over the world – from its inception to the present day, its products are appreciated for their high quality and interesting design.
Out of stock